Regular letters are delivered within 2 business days within a city, in 3 business days within a province, and in 4 business days nationally (excluding the day of mailing). If you are sending letters internationally, delivery time varies by country, but Canada post expect international letters to be delivered in 4 to 7 business days.
Although Canada post make every effort to meet these high standards, they are not guaranteed.
Mail and Parcel Delivery Time Standards
Regular mail within Canada
The delivery standard for regular mail sent inside Canada is:
- Two business days for local mail
- Three business days within the province
- Four days for national mail
These time frames are not guaranteed, as weather and mail volume can affect delivery.
Neighbourhood delivery standards
See estimated delivery times for your unaddressed marketing mail
- Delivery standards are estimates of the number of days* it will take for your items to be delivered once they are brought to a post office or mail processing plant.
- Delivery standards are comprised of two components, transportation time and delivery cycle, which added together determine the delivery standard.
- The Canada Post Neighbourhood Mail™ service delivery standards vary depending on your items’ size, weight, origin, destination and mailing options such as transportation.
If you bring your mailing to the processing location responsible for local delivery, your delivery standards are as follows.
|Standard and Oversize||up to 0.75 in. (1.91 cm)||up to 200 g (7.05 oz.)||up to 3 business days|
|up to 1 in. (2.54 cm)||up to 300 g (10.58 oz.)||up to 4 business days|
|up to 500 g (17.64 oz.)||up to 9 business days|